* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: There and Back Again

Monday, November 26, 2007

There and Back Again



On February 23, 2006, I started a blog to document my efforts to lose weight. I had reached 225 pounds and it felt very uncomfortable on my 5'10" frame, and even pants with a size 40 waist were becoming embarrassingly tight. Today I start another blog and once again I'm starting at a weight of 225 pounds with a goal of reaching 190 pounds and then either maintaining or possibly trying to lose 5-10 additional pounds.

What happen to the original blog? Well, it worked for a while and I was down to 190 pounds by the end of July, 2006--a total of 35 pounds lost in about 5 months. Things were going great but I didn't want to bore the blog readers with continued details about dieting so that blog evolved into photographs and miscellaneous thoughts, with thoughts and accountability on dieting slowly but surely fading from the scene. And just as slowly but surely, the 35 pounds came back over the last 14 months.

This blog will get back to the basics, retracing the steps that made for a fairly easy path to weight loss, but it will only be about losing weight. I'm writing this for myself and it will only be about my food intake, my thoughts on dieting, my temptations, my successes, my failures, etc. There won't be any site meter on this blog so I won't know if anyone else is reading. I actually don't expect anyone else to read this and that frees me up to focus on exactly what I need without feeling that I also need to be interesting and entertaining. I'll probably try to entertain myself, but who knows if anyone else would find that interesting.

So, once again we begin with the heart and soul of my dieting plan which is simply to be accountable for the food I eat each day by keeping an extremely basic food journal throughout the day (food eaten and the number of calories). Here's day 1:

Today's Weight: 225 pounds
Today's Food: yogurt(100)--crackers(200)--yogurt(100)--crackers(200)--yogurt(100)--Wendy's Jr Cheeseburger(350) and small Frosty(330)--yogurt(100) = 1,480 calories (and with eating habits like this, I make sure to take vitamins to make up for all that I'm missing)

No comments:

Post a Comment