* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: 12/10/07--Day 15, 222 Pounds (3 Pounds Lost)

Monday, December 10, 2007

12/10/07--Day 15, 222 Pounds (3 Pounds Lost)

That's a disappointing title for a post. When I started this I lost about 6 pounds in a few days, found a stabilizing point at about 5 pounds lost, and now I seem to maintaining or gaining on about 2,000 calories a day. It's easy to see how people get frustrated and quit their diets.

The problem is that we micro-analysis our diets while we totally ignore the odd ways our weight fluctuated as it was going on. When not on a diet, I'm sure I had plenty of days where I ate too much but the next morning I showed that I lost weight. That wouldn't make sense on the surface, just as me gaining 1.5 pounds since yesterday morning doesn't make much sense, but it's the way the body works.

I don't know the exact number but I think the typical human body in 70% fluid. That would make my body about 150 pounds of liquid, so considering all of the fluids that go into my body each day in the form of diet soda, a 1 percent increase in my fluid level isn't that odd. I just have to remember that continuing to make the right choices will lead to the right results. This weight will come off much faster than it went on, plus I have the added bonus of not gaining additional weight while I'm dieting. I'm sure I was on the way to 230 pounds when I hit the brakes on my runaway eating two weeks ago.

Weight today: 222 pounds.
Exercise today: Played 3 sets of doubles at such a slow pace that I'm not sure if it qualifies as exercise.
Food today: yogurt(100)--this became somewhat of a hectic day and I was feeling a little down so I cut myself some slack and hit somewhere between 2,500 and 3,000 calories. I'll get back to accurate reporting and a lower calorie total tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment