* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: Beginning of Week Number 2

Monday, December 3, 2007

Beginning of Week Number 2

If fatigue was a key element in losing weight then I'd have no problem staying in the ideal weight range. It's not so much the physical wear and tear, it is the mental depression of always having so much to do and no amount of effort seems to clear up the back log. I keep thinking that things at Millsaps will slack up and that will eventually happen, but it hasn't happened yet.

The good news is that I haven't used the situation as an excuse to eat. I've wanted to eat out of habit, not because of hunger, but this blog and having to keep the food journal has kept me on track. I need to start walking/jogging in an effort to get 30-40 points per week on the Ken Cooper aerobic tables. That will have to wait until I'm only half swamped with things to do.

I hate to take an afternoon off for vacation time just to recovery from the weekend, especially when I did nothing exciting to recover from, but I may have to take off this afternoon for a long nap. We have our company office party tonight after work and then the Wednesday night group is having supper this evening with the wives invited. I'll join them late and have a beer or two. Even though I don't expect that to last too late, I'm afraid that I'll crash far too early if I don't get a nap.

I've gotten to the point where I don't know if I more eagerly look forward to the weekends to get a break from work or do I look forward more to the work week to get a break from the weekends. I need a vacation.

Weight today: 220.5 pounds. That's 4.5 pounds in the first week with a times when I showed even more weight loss. My body seemed content to shed a little weight from the start but the caution flag has been thrown up about going below 220 pounds. The internal workings of the body knows that sudden weight loss might indicate a life threatening situation so it applies the brakes to conserve the body's energy, which is stored in the form of fat. If only there was a way for the conscious mind to override the instincts of the body--a secret that would only lead to other health problems in the other direction and people would burn off all their fat for the sake of looks.
Exercise today: I can say with certainty that this will be none.
Food today: yogurt(100)--animal crackers(250)--Snickers(230, just trying to hang on this morning)--pineapple(320)--animal crackers(250)--yogurt(100)--supper at office party followed by a couple of beers with friends--there's no way to calculate the calories except to say that it was far less than it normally would have been without the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment