* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: Day 22--219 Pounds--6 Pounds Lost

Monday, December 17, 2007

Day 22--219 Pounds--6 Pounds Lost

In theory, I'm suppose to be shooting for sub-2,000 calorie days in order to lose weight. In reality, I'm finding myself closer to the 2,500 calorie level over the last week or so. That's not a bad level for maintaining my weight or even for slowly losing weight. I just have to be careful that I don't make it a habit, or that I don't let 2,500 creep up to 2,800 and then to 3,000 calories.

I can eat less than 2,000 calories a day and never be hungry if I don't do silly things like getting the combo meal at Wendy's, something I did yesterday to add an extra 300 calories. That, plus one last bag of popcorn was enough to put me over my primary goal. That's just a case of not showing much discipline. I'm showing some, but not enough.

Today is my 56th birthday. Back when I started combining blogging with dieting almost 2 years ago, my idea was to be at 175 pounds for my 55th birthday and then I would maintain that for the rest of my life. I made a good start towards that goal, losing 35 pounds in 4-5 months but then I plateaued at 190 pounds, and that was followed by a slow return to my starting weight. It was a wasted opportunity and it was also a learning experience. I know that I can get to 190 pounds by doing exactly what I'm doing now. I can maintain that with ease if I will stick to the program that gets me there. Can I go lower or do I need to go lower? Time will tell. For now, I'll just get back to 190 to enjoy all of the health improvements and personal life style improvements of that weight, and this time I'll be better prepared to stick at that level or continue lower.

Weight today: 219 pounds
Exercise today: none
Food today: yogurt(100)--this day didn't become uncontrollable, but it did become uncountable with some various things going on at the office and lunch out with a friend for my birthday. It was one of those days where I knew there would be bad moments so I basically offset them with good moments like a very light supper. These types of days can be dangerous in that they allow you to lie to yourself, but I hope that eventually I can have a mindset where I don't have to count calories but I can rely on common sense keeping the calories and weight under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment