* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: Day 33--220 Pounds--5 Pounds Lost

Friday, December 28, 2007

Day 33--220 Pounds--5 Pounds Lost

(Note: It's good to see that zero on the end of my weight for the first time in a couple of weeks. It is amazing to see how refraining from 1,500 to 3,000 calories of junk each day can really help a diet--maybe that's something that would be helpful for many overweight Americans to try.)

There was a time when I played all sorts of sports. Between the age of 20 to 35, I would say I was fairly active or very active in soccer, running, tennis, basketball, golf, racquetball, ping-pong, and softball. When I wasn't playing one of those sports, I was filling my spare time by coaching one of those sports. Is it any wonder that I had no problem keeping my weight at 165 pounds and my body fat level below 10%?

I'm not sure of the order of my retirement from all of these sports. I am sure that I'm basically down to just an occasional tennis match and a four mile walk each week as the sum of my physical activity. Is it any wonder that I had no problem ballooning up to 225 pounds and that a third of my body weight is composed of fat?

The need for more physical activity in my life is evident. I think the only logical thing to do at the time is to focus on more outings of combined walking and jogging, the most basic and beneficial exercise I can do to get my health back on track. As I increase this activity, I'm afraid that I'll probably need to drop tennis completely from my weekly schedule. The Sunday afternoon matches I play and the trips to Raymond for Monday and Thursday tennis all take a slice of 4-5 hours out of my life. It's not just the tennis, but the preparing to play, the travel to the courts, showering after, etc. I enjoy it all from a social aspect, but it is time I can no longer afford to give up when I consider just how little time I have and how much I already have to do. I sure wish I could find a way to get more than 24 hours in a day, but until I find out that secret, I have to start using my time in a more efficient manner and slow paced doubles hardly fits the definition of efficient exercise.

Weight today--220 pounds
Exercise today--
Food today--yogurt(100)--oatmeal(160)--Wendy's(680)--3 cookies(140)--pineapple(320)--popcorn(250) --canned fruit(320)--popcorn(250) = 2,220 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment