* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: Even Bad is Better

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Even Bad is Better

There's nothing about the last few days to indicate that I'm serious about losing weight. Even so, the fact that I'm keeping this food list is keeping a lid on the calories and it is keeping an out of control attitude from becoming out of control eating.

In recent weeks, I have been going through the motion a lot of days, just trying to one task after the next done. It's not quite as much drugery as I make it sound, but it is fairly mundane and there is a tendency to look for a fun break here or there to spice up the day. I wish my mindset was such that I saw a brisk walk around the neighborhood as a fun break, but my mind is conditioned to think that getting something to eat is the pause that refreshes. For a variety of reasons, all rather flemsy excuses, I've been taking too many refreshing pauses this week and I'll go into today trying to do better. It is Wednesday, so I'll have the extra calories this evening, something that I'll have to account for in my eating from 7 am to 5 pm as I save a little room for those extra calories in my daily intake.

Weight today: 222 pounds (I'm not sure if this number will move very much until I start exercising more.
Exercise today: none expected
Food today: oatmeal(160)--Nekot cookies(240)--Wendy's(680)--3 light beers(300)--Combo at Wendy's(1,000)--snacks at the bar(?) = a bad night. It was bad in both the calorie count and in the attitude.

Note: If I could ever lose weight, maybe the Wendy's people would hire me to combat Jarrad (spelling?) over at Subway. He is a great example of someone doing something special and then having that combined with one big break that has changed his life totally. I'm sure there are hundreds of people who have done the same thing, following the same routine over and over and eventually losing a lot of weight, but none of them got that big break that turned them into a national icon.

No comments:

Post a Comment