* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: Sleep--It Does a Diet Good.

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Sleep--It Does a Diet Good.

One would think that the key to losing weight is a lot of activity and that is usually the case, but when activity reaches exhaustion, it can be a disaster for a diet. Yesterday afternoon at work I just couldn't keep my eyes open because of fatigue and I turned to food for a quick kick. It's an easy habit to get into and lack of sleep is often a cause of overeating, both from eating snacks because you are up later at night and from eating snacks to try and get through the day.

I went home last night and was in bed before 5 in the afternoon and I only got up for about an hour to eat a small supper. During that time I may have had the TV on for about an hour and I may have tossed and turned a little bit, but there were 10-11 hours of pure sleep before the alarm clock went off this morning. It was a break that was greatly needed and I wish I could do that several nights in a row.

But alas, it did mean getting behind just a little more and tonight is the Wednesday night out, so I won't be getting double-digit hours of sleep tonight. Knowing that I'll be out having a couple of beers this evening, I just need to hold down the eating during the day with an avoidance of snacks at work and a trip to Wendy's at lunch. There's no reason that I can't have my social time and also stay below 2,000 calories--it just takes a little planning and then sticking with the plan.

Weight today: 220 pounds (Day 10--5 pounds lost)
Exercise today: once again, I can fill this in with none from the very start of the day.
Food today: yogurt(100)--crackers(190)--chili(400)--crackers(190)--yogurt(100)--3 light beers(300)--2 frozen dinner deals (560) = 1,840 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment