* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: Day 10--217.5 Pounds--2.5 Pounds Lost

Friday, January 11, 2008

Day 10--217.5 Pounds--2.5 Pounds Lost

(Note: The post below this note was written Thursday night before the Friday morning weigh-in. Cutting back on my eating for the last 2 days and jogging 4 miles yesterday has created a nice weight loss. I know the weight loss results will not come at a rate of a pound or two a day, but the weight loss will come if I stick to what I'm doing. I've got it in my mind that I want to get back to the weight I held steadily between the age of 20 and my late-30's, and that was 165 pounds. For that to happen, I have to get back into a steady jogging routine and time will tell if the knees and hips will allow that. At least I have a plan and a goal that has me excited--that's a huge starting point.)

This new tactic of trying not to go over 400 calories whenever I eat something is really a good plan for me. I know that for people who have family meals, people who travel, or people who entertain a lot, it would be a more difficult thing to do. That doesn't mean that person couldn't try a variation, such as allowing one 800 calorie meal each day and eating small at the rest of the meals. If you want to have a successful diet, you have to tailor it to your lifestyle, not read a book and try to modify your life so you can diet that was created for the masses.

As you know, if there are any you's out there, I have another blog that gets most of my effort. I'm assuming that anyone who might be reading this is a person who more regularly reads the other blog, and if that's the case, you read what I had to say today about how people who have an actual gastric bypass surgery have to modify their eating habits. It sounds like a horrible life and I would try everything I possibly could with 100% commitment before I would consent to that procedure. In case you didn't see the link that is in the other blog, here's a website that gives you a good idea of what a person has to go through when eating and drinking after a gastric bypass: Gastric Bypass Tips


Weight today: 217.5 Pounds
Exercise today: walked/jogged 4 miles (I hate to admit that I can't really jog a mile non-stop at this time, even at a very slow pace. I could if my life depended on it, but I can't go a mile non-stop with any sort of comfort at all. That will quickly change if I stick with the jogging.)
Food Today: (Note: I do take vitamins to supplement my horrible eating habits) yogurt(100)--yogurt(100)--animal cookies(250)--crackers(190)--canned fruit(320)--lasagna(350)--yogurt(100)--popcorn(250) = 1,660 calories (I may have had one more small item in the morning)

No comments:

Post a Comment