* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: Day 20--219.5 Pounds--.5 Pounds Lost

Monday, January 21, 2008

Day 20--219.5 Pounds--.5 Pounds Lost

If anyone is checking this blog, they will notice that I didn't post over the weekend, and you can correctly assume that I didn't do very well on my diet over the weekend.

The big killer was Saturday when there was food after a funeral followed by an engagement party that night. I would be embarrassed to even give a guess as to the number of calories consumed. Even if I gave a low estimate, it would be an extremely high number for anyone who is claiming to be on a diet.

I also didn't run over the weekend as I was suppose to. The cold weather was a factor, the two functions on Saturday was a factor, the Millsaps basketball games Sunday afternoon were a factor, and the biggest factor was that I just didn't make myself get out and run. I was so enthusiastic about this a week ago prior to the really cold weather and prior to getting swamped with another huge batch of photos to work on. I'm not sure that I'll carry over that enthusiasm into reality.

I'm going to try very hard to get back on track today with the diet. I stuck to the diet around this time of year in 2006 so I can do it now. My problem seemed to be that I go for months where I'm killing myself to do nice things for others and I have no time to do nice things for myself. I think I compensate by giving myself food treats which are certainly satisfying and don't take much time. I need to realize that the nicest thing I could do for myself is to lose weight and get more healthy, but that is a reward that is long term and it sure is nice to have a here-and-now reward for all the work I'm doing.

Food today: crackers(190)--yogurt(100)--crackers(190)--lasagna(350)--yogurt(100)--popcorn(250)--pineapple(320)--chocolate(150)--popcorn(250) = 1,900 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment