* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: Day 24--218 Pounds--2 Pounds Lost

Friday, January 25, 2008

Day 24--218 Pounds--2 Pounds Lost

It's 4:38 in the morning. Boty and I wimped out of our jog/walk yesterday because of the cold and rain. Today it's just cold, somewhere right below freezing. It's a day where we both would have wimped out individually, but neither wants to admit that to the other so I'll be out the door in a minute for some much needed exercise. Doing something as part of a group does make things easier. An individual with strong willpower can usually accomplish the same as a group endeavor, but how many of us can maintain a strong willpower for very long?

Whew! I made it through the 4 miles. We walk for 1:30 and then we jog for 3:00 and occasionally we walk through one of the 3 minute stretches. For someone who sees themselves as a runner, it is a pathetic aerobic effort. For someone who has gotten totally out of the habit of exercising, it is an encouraging start. I see it both ways, bemoaning the fact that I once was in such great shape and I let it all slip away, but knowing that I can get back to an active lifestyle if I'll just be persistent in my efforts.

I realize that getting out and jogging/walking 3 times a week should be my highest priority. I have so many things that I do for others and I tend to let these things come ahead of my personal needs. I need to move the 3 exercise sessions to the top of the "must be done" list, regardless of what else I have to do and regardless of how little I might want to get out and run during this cold weather. It just has to be done.

Food today: Animal cookies(250)--yogurt(100)--Butterfinger(270)--Lasagna(720)--popcorn(250)--popcorn(250) = 1,840 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment