* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: Day 28--216.5 Pounds--3.5 Pounds Lost

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Day 28--216.5 Pounds--3.5 Pounds Lost

I didn't think that the weight would stay at 216.5 for this morning's weigh-in even with my low calorie count yesterday. First off, I weighed a little early this morning, getting up at 4 instead of 5:30. It doesn't sound like it would make a difference but it does because my body is always storing up more fluids for disposal--that's what happens when you have an addition to diet sodas.

The reason for the early start is that I need to go out jogging/walking this morning. I had the alarm set for 4:20 and I woke up on my own 20 minutes early. I guess it's a good sign that I got out of bed early. There still isn't an excitement about getting back into jogging, getting fit, losing weight through running, etc. That's probably too much to expect right now. I do seem to recall that the getting up and getting started was often difficult even when I was very fit. The difference is that back then I felt great at the end of the run, knowing that I had started off the day with an accomplishment, and actually feeling energized for the rest of my morning. Now I feel the accomplishment, but I hardly feel energized after running. I feel worn out. I just need to push through this beginning.

It's now 4:30 and I guess I need to hit the road. The outdoor thermometer says it's 56 degrees outside so I'm going out with shorts and a hooded pullover. It seems like one of those is going to be the wrong choice. In the past I went with shorts unless the temps got below 40, but I was running the whole way. I may regret the shorts this morning since I'll be doing such a slow pace with a lot of walking breaks. Or, I may regret the hoodie because of the heat buildup from the layers of fat that I'm carrying. Oh well, I'll survive.

One last thing. I don't want to gross anyone out, but I naturally strip completely when I weigh in the morning. It's the only way to go if one is interested in consistency and accuracy. I look at myself in the mirror and the first thought is always, "I'm fat". That's not a case of self-loathing, that's just a realistic assessment of my current situation. I don't need to carry this extra weight 24 hours a day since I have no anticipation of being stranded on a desert island and having to live off my stored fat. It's insane that I burden my daily life with 40 extra pounds that I have to tote with me from place to place. It's just insane.

(Added note: Today's run was much better than the Sunday run. I finished the 4 miles in less than 50 minutes, a reflection of more jogging and less walking. The best way to describe the run is to compare it to driving my truck that has a standard transmission. I can drive 30 miles an hour in 2nd gear but it obviously is overworking the motor--that's how the jogging felt on Sunday. Today it my jogging felt like going 30 miles an hour in 3rd gear, not any faster but much more comfortable and therefore I put in longer stretches of jogging. Progress is being made.)

Food list: yogurt(100)--crackers(190)--Wendy's(680, I just hate to give up that Frosty treat)--popcorn(250)--fruit(320)--pizza(740, a last minute decision as somewhat of a reward for doing so well lately) = 2,250 subtotal.

No comments:

Post a Comment