* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: Day 9--219 Pounds--1 Pound Lost

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Day 9--219 Pounds--1 Pound Lost

The mental gastric bypass worked well yesterday, keeping me from ever eating more than 400 calories at a time and keeping my total number of calories under 2,000 for the day. I get so irritated when I hear people say that it is impossible to lose weight and now I'm starting to hear health "experts" and politicians saying that excessive weight is not the fault of individuals--that really makes me want to yell at the television, radio or computer screen. Stop giving people excuses for the results of their bad decisions--it is a matter of choice just as staying out of debt is a matter of choice that most people make despite all of the available things to buy, all of the tempting advertising, and all of easy credit options.

One thing that you will never here from a dieting guru is that becoming accountable for your food intake is all you need to lose weight and keep the weight off. We are able to keep account of our money to stay out of debt so why would it be so hard for people to keep up with food and calories eaten? The experts won't push for something so simple because there is no money to be made in simplicity. You need a diet that is complex enough that you can turn it into a book and hopefully some money making side products.

At the library I saw one of these books. It is "The Cheat to Lose Diet" by Joel Marion. It's not worth going into the details of his diet but there was one line early in the book that made me laugh. The author tells why most fad diets don't really work, saying "A diet can be great in theory, but if it's not practical for the average person to follow in the short and long term, it's not worth a whole lot." That lines didn't make me laugh, but in the next paragraph he says that the Cheat to Lose Diet is different because of it's simplicity, and then he quoted Albert Einstein with, "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." That made me laugh--what is simplistic about a diet that takes a 270 page book to explain!

If you want simplicity, how about his: "Become accountable for you food intake and your actions and you will either take control of your weight or you will have to take responsibility for your obesity." Now how can I stretch that out to 270 pages so I can make some money?

Weight Today: 219 Pounds
Exercise today:
walked/jogged 4 miles (this took just under 53 minutes and I think the course is short--in the old days I could have raced this distance in about half the time and it would have only taken about 30 minutes on a typical morning jog. I have fallen a long way down the fitness scale.)
Food today: yogurt(100)--animal crackers(250)--yogurt(100)--Wendy's Jr. CB Deluxe(350)--a cracker like snack(200?)--popcorn(250)--pineapple(320) = subtotal of 1,570 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment