* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: A New Beginning at 220 Pounds

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A New Beginning at 220 Pounds

Wait a second, can you just start over and wipe out the first 36 days of dieting? I guess so since I'm doing it to start the New Year (Happy New Year everyone!).

I'm not sure if the days between Thanksgiving and New Year's Eve were actually a diet in the traditional sense. Of course, we have seen that the traditional diet in America doesn't work so who would want to be on one of those? Over the past 36 days I managed to get through all of the excessive food from Christmas and my birthday while still losing 5 pounds. I would consider that a success if not a model example of how one should tailor their eating habits.

With the holidays behind us, I wanted to get off to a fresh start and I want to settle into a more normal routine. I also want to set a time frame and some goals for this diet. I see my doctor on March 31st for a physical and I need the doctor's scale to register somewhere between 190 and 195 pounds. I also want to be in the first phase of getting more fit through walking and jogging, plus some minor home exercises like stretching, sit-ups, and push-ups. I can't become a Charles Atlas in just three months, but I can make significant progress.

So today begins a 90-day diet with the goal being that I impress my doctor at the next physical. In additional to impressing my doctor, I want to see if there is anything of concern that he finds when I'm in fairly decent shape. As it is now, anything that he would find today may be just a side effect of my obesity and I wouldn't know if the solution should be medication or just more activity and less eating.

Today's Weight: 220 Pounds
Exercise today: 30 minutes of a stair stepper exercise
Food today: yogurt(100)--Wendy's(680)--big chunk of Christmas chocolate(600?)--chili(400)--light beer(100) = 1,880 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment