* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: Day 1--218.5 Pounds--1.5 Pounds Lost

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Day 1--218.5 Pounds--1.5 Pounds Lost

My third diet since last Thanksgiving has gotten off to a good start. Just to recap, my first diet went between the end of Thanksgiving and the end of 2007 and I lost 5 pounds (from 225 to 220), a great number considering the temptations of the holiday season. The second diet went from the first of 2008 until yesterday and it ended up with 0 pounds lost. There were times when I got down to 216.5 and I did seem to move my set point lower, but it was a period of inconsistent dieting and maybe the biggest accomplishment is that I didn't regain the weight that was lost at the end of 2007.

This new diet isn't really anything much more than rolling back the counter to start at Day 1. It seems easier and more encouraging to look at diets in small chunks. It gives an opportunity for a fresh start, something that usually provides a motivation uplift. For example, doesn't "Day 1--218.5 Pounds--1.5 Pounds Lost" look a lot better than "Day 49--218.5 Pounds--1.5 Pounds Lost"? Everything's the same except the counter, but the first one seems to be much more promising and hopeful.

I'll probably continue to reset the counter every now and then, even if my dieting starts to become much more successful. It goes back to the Henry Ford saying that all jobs are possible if you break them down into small enough pieces. Why not break dieting into smaller pieces? I've had a successful piece that lost 5 pounds. I've had a piece where I didn't backslide. Now I need to get focused and put in a nice piece that will get me to the level of being just overweight and not obese. That's a nice goal to shoot for and I believe the mark for that is 207 pounds so it will take some doing. After that I can try to put in a piece that gets me to 200 pounds. It seems like a much easier way to go than to try and get to 190 or below in one big project.

Food today--crackers(190)--yogurt(100)--Nekot cookie snack(240)--Chunky Soup(380)--crackers(100)--chocolate(180) = 1,190 calories subtotal.

No comments:

Post a Comment