* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: Day 10--215.5 Pounds--4.5 Pounds lost

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Day 10--215.5 Pounds--4.5 Pounds lost

I'm writing this Wednesday evening, not knowing what the weigh-in will be Thursday morning. I would expect it to be up after the beers at Nick's and the meal at Wendy, but I'm having a little trouble predicting my weight with the lowered fluid intake. I once could guess the next day's weight within a half pound. Now I have no clue if the weight tomorrow will be 214 or 217.

For those few who will ever read this, I know it doesn't seem like I'm dieting at all. I guess I'm not dieting in the traditional sense, but the traditional method of dieting doesn't seem to have made much of a dent in the obesity problem in America. I have to give myself the option to have lunch with a friend like I did on Tuesday. I also have to allow myself some leeway on days like Tuesday when I spend so much time at work. And, I need to have the freedom to go out with friends and enjoy some social time without feeling like I'm a spectator instead of a participant. The best diet a person can have is to become accountable for their actions. If you weigh too much, then you have to cut your intake below your needs until your weight gets to the right spot. It's really not that complicated and you have to have a method you can follow for years, not for months. Losing weight is pointless if you aren't going to keep the weight off.

So when it comes to dieting, use your head and come up with the diet that works for you. You don't have to browse through a book store for the plan that fits your needs because that perfect book for you does not exist. You need to create your own plan that keeps your weight under control, just as you have found a method to keep you financial life under control. You can do it and it doesn't mean that you have to suffer. You just need to be accountable and cut out the pointless stuff.

Food today: yogurt(100, it's probably good that the vending machine is gone because now I have to bring and eat the yogurt every day)--pineapple(320)--Sprite(140)--Wendy's(680) = subtotal of 1,240 calories--yogurt(100)--chili and a beer(550)--fruit(320) = 2,210 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment