* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: Day 34--217 Pounds--3 Pounds Lost

Monday, February 4, 2008

Day 34--217 Pounds--3 Pounds Lost

It's amazing how the weight will drop if you only eat one meal the previous day. I got home from the Sunday basketball games, started working on the photos while watching the Super Bowl, and I just didn't want to fool with fixing anything more complicated than microwave popcorn.

At the first of last year I had a physical exam and my cholesterol was around 250, about the same as it had been the year before. My doctor wanted to put me on drugs to lower that number and I asked for 3 months to change the number with exercise and better diet. During those three months I was swamped like I am now and I did almost nothing different in an effort to lower the cholesterol. After the 3 months I went in for another cholesterol test, ready to concede that I needed the drugs. I was somewhat shocked when I received a letter saying I had lowered the number to 222 so just keep doing whatever I was doing.

I was only doing one thing different. At the beginning of those 3 months I switched over from a compulsion for cereal bars as a snack to microwave popcorn. Popcorn equals fiber, fiber equals lower cholesterol, and the formula sure seemed to work for me. I have a physical coming up at the end of March and once again I've really done nothing to improve my diet, increase my fitness, or lower my weight. I've just eaten a lot of popcorn since my last checkup. If it turns out that my cholesterol has dropped below 200 then I should be in line for a lucrative popcorn commercial deal like Jarrad has with subway.

Food today: yogurt(100)--crackers(190)--soup(280)--yogurt(100)--crackers(190)--fruit(320) = 1,180 subtotal

No comments:

Post a Comment