* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: Day 35--217 Pounds--3 Pounds Lost

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Day 35--217 Pounds--3 Pounds Lost

It's 4:40 and I'm getting ready to go out the door for my 4 mile jog/walk. When the alarm went off at 4:20, I really didn't want to get out of bed. It did take me till 4:25 to get out of bed and finally turn off the alarm clock--I wisely keep my alarm clock on the desk and not by the bed.

If I can just get through the first 10 minutes of getting up and getting dressed, then I'm okay. I can't say that I'm excited about going out the door, but I'm not tempted to go back upstairs and get in bed. From past experience I know that by 6:00 this morning I'll be really glad that I got up and jogged. Why do I have to go through this battle each time I get up early to jog? I know that I'll be glad I jogged so why do I have such a struggle to get up? I wonder if I'll ever get to the point where I'm excited to hear the alarm at 4:20 because it means that it is one of my 3 running days--probably not. I guess I had better go and take advantage of the 70 degree morning and being able to jog in shorts and a t-shirt.

Now's it almost 7 and I made it through the 4 miles in better fashion than last Tuesday. One of the things about being in poor shape is that improvement is easy to see. Like last Tuesday, I discovered that I was comfortable with longer stretches of jogging. After the first mile mark I actually thought I might break 50 minutes, still slow but a vast improvement. The second mile went well and then the third mile got a little shaky. I wasn't going to push too hard in an effort to beat a time, but I got a little bit of a second wind on the difficult 4th mile and I thought that I might at least come close to 50 minutes. I didn't want to be tempted into breaking into a sprint (which means about an 8 minute mile pace), so I didn't look at my watch till the end and I was surprised to finish in 48:20, a really big improvement on last week. It's not a reflection of speed, but of more jogging and less walking. I think my days of running with any speed are well behind me.

With such a good start to the day, I need to follow up with a disciplined day of eating. I would really like to break through my current weight level and get down to 214-215 in the next week or so.

Food today: yogurt(100)--crackers(190)--lasagna(390)--chocolate(370)--lasagna(390)--pineapple(320)--yogurt(100) = 1,860 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment