* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: Day 37--217 Pounds--3 Pounds Lost

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Day 37--217 Pounds--3 Pounds Lost

Considering the 3 beers and the meal at Wendy's last night, I'm not surprised by a slight increase this morning. I'm meeting Boty in just a few minutes for a 4 mile jog/walk and then I don't have any excuses on the horizon for doing poorly on the diet for the rest of the week. I know that the difference between my current diet and the really successful diet at the start of 2006 is in my consistency. In 2006, I wasn't exercising much but I was stringing together 10 days or longer with no day over 2,000 calories. As you know, I'm rarely doing that for 3 or more days now. I need to bite the bullet and put together 2-3 really good weeks of dieting and I think that would move me closer to the 212-213 range. Today would be a good day to start.

(About the jog/walk--We did the 1:30 of walking/4:00 of jogging method, the same as last Thursday. Last week that was difficult and we took an extended walking break in the middle. This week it was much easier and we only walked the last jogging section as a cooldown, not because we needed the break. It's obvious that my efforts to get more fit are succeeding and that's going to help with the weight loss. I wish the weight loss was going a little faster, but that disappointment is no justification for quitting. Everyone can lose weight if they really try--those people who say they can't lose weight are the one who let short term satisfaction rule over long term health. I was in that group for a long time so I understand the alure. I just can't afford to go back to that life.)

Food today: crackers(190)--yogurt(100)--Zero bar(240)--chili(460)--peanut M&M(250)--lasagna(720) = 1,960 calories (2 candy items in one day--I was just tired and trying to get through the day. The getting up at 4:20 mixed in a few late nights on the photos is going to be a tough mix to get use to.)

No comments:

Post a Comment