* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: Day 4--215 Pounds--5 Pounds Lost

Friday, February 22, 2008

Day 4--215 Pounds--5 Pounds Lost

Okay, let's don't get too excited. I did drink several bottles of water yesterday afternoon and evening, but the fluid volume was several pounds less than my typical consumption of diet sodas for the same period. I think this drop is a one time loss from less fluids being processed, not a miracle reaction that will have me thin by the end of March.

If anyone is reading here then I assume they are reading the other blog. In 1986 when today's blog photo was taken, I weighed 170 or less. That puts me at 45 to 50 pounds heavier than that weight in 1986, the equivalent of a 5 gallon jug of water. Think about the added stress on a body to have to deal with that much extra weight 24 hours a day. How on earth do people deal with 100 or more extra pounds, something that I see quite often throughout the day?
------------------

Just got back from my 4 mile jog/walk with Boty, something that was pushed from Thursday to Friday this week because of rain. We were talking about the photos with Boty correctly pointing out that it doesn't do me any good to give so much to that project that I don't leave enough time and energy for myself. I was thinking about that conversation on the way home, about not taking time to exercise and eat properly, and I'm thinking that now is the time to really make an effort on all fronts. Try to correct all of the flaws at one time and see just how much of a difference that makes.

What would happen if I stopped the diet drinks, started up the exercise, and upgraded my food choices all at one time? After the initial shock by my body from this good behavior, maybe I'd rediscover a level of energy that I once had and have now forgotten. When things change gradually, we have trouble remembering how things were in the beginning. Do I have 85% or 75% or 50% of the energy that I once had? I don't know because it is one of those things that is hard to compare over the course of time. Am I living at 85% or 75% or 50% of my potential good health level? I don't know because I've never tried to straighten out all of my negatives.

I've talked about how living better is just a matter of making a lot of small, positive choices throughout each day. Talk is cheap and maybe it's time that I actually put my theory into practice. Who knows, I may be stunned to find out that my theory is right!

Food today: yogurt(100)--breakfast casserole(400?)--Wendy's small chili(220) and small fries(330)--M&Ms(200)--Butterfinger(270)--pineapple(320)--chicken & rice(290)--regular beer(150)--popcorn(250) = 2,530 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment