* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: Day 44--217.5 Pounds--2.5 Pounds Lost

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Day 44--217.5 Pounds--2.5 Pounds Lost

If there was a direct relationship between weight and attitude, then I should be 225 pounds this morning. Yesterday was somewhat of a revolt against the diet. I'm tired of trying without much in the way of results. I'm tired of my life being jammed packed with things that are geared to the happiness of others with no time left for me. I'm just tired.

Odds are that I'll get some rest this weekend and I'll be fine in a couple of days. It just seems like life closes in on me at times and I need some relief. As is the case for so many Americans, sometimes the only practical relief is the joy that comes from overeating. That's easier than quitting my job, walking away from my photography, and just retreating to a couple of months of reading, music and relaxing. That would be nice, but I don't see that happening until I retire and retirement will have to wait until I'm at least 62, a very distant 6 years from now.

Okay, I feel better already after bitching a little bit. Today we have a birthday party at work. I'll try to eat reasonably and then I'll get back to listing my food intake tomorrow. Over eating my be a nice release valve every once in a while, but being overweight is a permanant drag on my life and I need to continue my efforts to get rid of this anchor on my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment