* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: Day 48--220 Pounds--0 Pounds Lost

Monday, February 18, 2008

Day 48--220 Pounds--0 Pounds Lost

I'm usually a guy who looks at the glass as half full so many I should praise me feat of going 48 days without gaining weight. That would be a stretch even by my standards.

The reality is that I've quit trying and it shows. That doesn't mean that I've given up and it doesn't mean that I've been a total failure, it just means that I have nothing to show for all the times over the last 48 days that I have made an effort. Trust me, there has been some effort and will power. Like going to the store this weekend and seeing all the Valentine's Day candy at half price--to pass up a deal like that takes a tremendous amount of effort on my part. I also had an ice cream craving this past weekend that I had to resist. I know that a tub of ice cream in my house never last more than a day as it becomes the only thing I want to eat until it is all gone.

Unfortunately, my efforts have been like only rolling up 3 of the car windows on a cold winter day. You leave that 4th window down and it makes rolling the other 3 windows up rather pointless. I won't lose weight if I only make the right choice 3 out of 4 times. I have to seal up the leaks in my diet efforts and the first place that starts is in the accountability area. Afterall, that's the point of this blog, for me to list my food intake publicly so I'll force myself to be accountable. When I stop keeping the list on the blog, you can be sure that the overall diet effort is going poorly.

Today I try again. I need to keep the food list as the absolute step #1. I need to try and follow the simple steps that I listed a couple of posts ago. And in a measure of desperation, I may take the drastic step of not replinishing my diet sodas once I run out. This is a move I've always resisted, thinking that the 1 calorie per soft drink helps me lose weight because I get a soda instead of a snack. Now there is a study out indicating that the artificial sweetener in a diet soda makes the body think that something sweet is on the way down to the stomach and that causes some reactions that may make dieting more difficult. I don't understand the science behind it all. The study discovered that just one diet soda a day is enough to trigger this effect so you can imagine what my chain drinking might do.

And since I'm back to zero and since this is my diet, I think I'll start the numbering of the days back at 1 again. Afterall, these last 48 days have been the second diet since I started the blog with the first diet going about 40 days and resulting in 5 pounds lost. I'll be running out of diet sodas in a few days so trying to cut those out of my system will be a totally new approach to dieting.

Food today: crackers(190)--yogurt(100)--crackers(190)--Wendy's(680--I find the 400 calorie thing difficult at lunch)--yogurt(100) --pizza(720)--popcorn(250) = 2,230 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment