* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: Day 7--215.5 Pounds--4.5 Pounds Lost

Monday, February 25, 2008

Day 7--215.5 Pounds--4.5 Pounds Lost

This is my 91st post to the blog which makes sense since I started the blog right after Thanksgiving, 2007. I was 225 pounds then so this is close enough to saying that I've lost 10 pounds in 3 months. It doesn't sound like much and there have been times when my eating has hardly seemed like that of a person on a diet. When there is a party, I eat. When I find myself away from home most of the day, I eat what I can find and I don't worry too much about the calories. When I really get tired of dieting, I let it slide for a few days. And still I've lost 10 pounds.

I certainly want to do better than my current effort and improve on my rate of weight loss. On the other hand, suppose I keep the same rate for a year and it takes me till next Thanksgiving to get to 185 pounds. Would that be so bad to lose 40 pounds in one year, especially when I haven't held myself to strict dieting rules? As everyone who has been on a successful diet knows, the key is not the rate of loss and the key is not really how much you lost. The key is if you can maintain that weight loss. I lost 35 pounds in 5-6 months in 2006, but I gained it all back. I would have been better off if I had lost 25 pounds in 12 months and kept it off.

I'm not going to kill myself or make huge sacrifices to try and race towards a set goal. I need to do a little better in my efforts. I can really help myself by cutting out the one or two items of junk that keep a good day from becoming a great day, and I can really help myself with a little more exercise. I'll be working on those things, but in the meantime, I'll take slow and steady if I develop eating habits that help me keep the weight off for many years to come. The short term success is a wasted effort if it doesn't turn into a long term success.

Food today: yogurt(100)--Nekot cookies(240)--Twix(280, a little bit of a caffine headache)--rice and beans(310)--yogurt(100)--big cookie(250?)--Snickers(280)--lasagna(300)--yogurt(100) = 1,960 calories (not exactly the healthiest food choices)

No comments:

Post a Comment