* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: Day 8--215 Pounds--5 Pounds Lost

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Day 8--215 Pounds--5 Pounds Lost

It's nice to get to some weights lower than what I have seen since Thanksgiving. Pinpointing the reason for recent success isn't as easy as pointing to the lack of soft drinks. I've been somewhat better on my eating, I've been on my feet more often with the photography and the cleanup at work, and it's possible that I was somewhat due for a drop after a long plateau on the previous diet. Whatever the reason, it's nice to see some progress.

When I saw 215 on the scale this morning my first thought was an odd one. I realized that I'm 25 pounds heavier than the weight I reached and held for several months in 2006. That's depressing to think that I let such a good effort go to waste, but it is also educational. I know that I have to be a weight watcher for the rest of my life or else I'll have pockets of success surrounded by obesity. Gone are the days when I can eat whatever I want and as much as I want because I'm playing 3 or 4 sports at any given period of time. If I want to get to 165 or even 175, I have to take a different approach, and since burning massive amounts of calories and a youthful metabolism seem to be a non-option, that leaves me with cutting down on calories and doing a little more activity. I've already shown that this approach will work as long as I keep my focus.

Food today: yogurt(100)--Snickers(280)--child's catfish plate with lemonade(800?)--real Coke(150-they took out our vending machine so there is no food to eat)--misc candy(100) = 1,380 subtotal--combo meal at Wendy's1,030--another Coke(150) = 2,560 calories. A bad day for a lot of reasons--went to eat lunch with a friend, the vending machine was taken out of the building unexpectantly, I worked till 9 so I splurged with a combo. It's amazing that the whole day was as low as it ended up.

1 comment:

  1. Great that you have had no significant fallout from the lack of sodas. Keep looking forward and for more alternatives to junk food. When you know you will have a long day stop by the grocery store and buy a couple of bananas and apples and a couple of granola bars in the camera case to stave off the hunger pains that lead to bad food choices.
    Rusty

    ReplyDelete