* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: Day 1--216.5 Pounds--2.5 Pounds Lost

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Day 1--216.5 Pounds--2.5 Pounds Lost

We all wish it were so easy. Would there be any obesity in America if one could consistently lose 2.5 pounds a day by simply eating a little less? Since I've been bouncing around between 215 and 219 so much in recent weeks, the first real weight that I'll be losing with this new effort will be the pounds below 215.

There's nothing special to report about yesterday. That's a good thing because any diet that requires much of a special effort is probably a diet that will fail in the long term. The rule about only eating food that I bring to the office was much needed yesterday. One of my co-workers brought in several bags of left over Easter candy, most of that candy being pure chocolate. How many Hersey's kisses and mini-bars would I have eating without my new rule? It would have been a double-digit number for sure, enough to make yesterday's calorie total closer to 3,000 instead of the final tally just below 2,000.

I've said many times over the last couple of years that most diets are overly complicated because you can't sell a diet book if your plan is too simple. While my diet is slightly more complicated than the tried and true diet plan of "Eat less, move more", it is important to only have a few rules to follow. I have 6 rules and one of those is just a reminder to take my vitamins. I can follow a plan that has 6 rules, especially one that allows so much flexibility in my food choices. I can eat anything I want with the limitation being the 2,000 calories per day. I don't have to combine foods in a specific manner, cut sugar, eat high protein, do special preparations, etc. It is something that fits into the reality of my life, much unlike all of those special plans that have you so locked into a particular way of eating.

I really think this plan is the one that will get me all the way back to 175 (I'm not sure that the 165 of my 20's and 30's is possible). It will take the addition of physical activity to get those last 15 pounds off. That's something that I plan to do and my belief is that I'll keep up the activity even when I start getting so busy next fall. It is much easier to stay active when you are in shape than it is to stay active when you are in desperate need of activity. But for now, my main goal is to get through today without breaking any of my 6 rules. One day at a time, 6 simple rules--that's all it will take to greatly improve my health and my quality of living.

Food today: yogurt(100)--vitamins--diet coke--crackers(200)--Wendy's Jr. CB Deluxe and small vanilla frosty(680)--vitamins--mini-Butterfinger(80)--yogurt(100)--Tootsie Roll(50)--lasagna(350)--light beer(100)--yogurt(100) = 1,760 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment