* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: Day 15--218 Pounds--2 Pounds Lost

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Day 15--218 Pounds--2 Pounds Lost

Exactly how does a person "lose track of the food they ate" when they supposedly are writing down the food before they eat it? I could sit at this keyboard all day without coming up with a decent answer for that question. There really is no excuse for not keeping up with the food. Maybe there is an excuse for eating too much, something like a party or a special event, but writing down the food would take 3 minutes for the entire day. I'm not so busy that I can't take that time.

If I may offer a sliver of an excuse, it seems that I lose focus on things when I try to do too much at one time. That's a logical excuse when talking about time consuming things, such as not doing some chores around the house because I'm so far behind with the photos. It's not quite as logical when comparing time consuming things with dieting. It would actually take less time if I would eat less food.

It's not really about the time when it comes to the diet. When I get busy, when I have too many irons in the fire, dieting becomes one more thing that I'm doing that feels like a burden. I fully recognize all the benefits in the long term, but in the short term dieting is not what I want to do. I want to take a break from all of the other pressing things by getting a candy bar, or a burger plus fries plus a Frosty, or by eating the entire pizza instead of a half. Food becomes a mental outlet to relieve some of the physical pressure in my life. Fortunately, because of this blog, I don't let it get out of control. That's not a great excuse, just the reality of the situation.

Now that I've admitted this to myself, it brings a little more focus to the eating situation and I will try very hard to actually do the one thing that makes my dieting successful. Namely, to truly be accountable for my food intake. I say this over and over because that really is all that it takes. It's the willpower to stay accountable that is such a problem.

Food today: yogurt(100)--Sprite(150)--yogurt(100)--Wendy's(680)--cake and Sprite(500)--pizza(750)--light beer(100) = 2,380 calories. Not a great day of dieting but at least I kept the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment