* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: Day 16--216.5 Pounds--3.5 Pounds Lost

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Day 16--216.5 Pounds--3.5 Pounds Lost

I knew the weight would start dropping once I got away from spending my entire weekend seated in front of a computer. Rusty, your comment is right on target about how I could do simple things in very short time periods that would make a difference in both the short term and the long term. I'm not sure if I'll do any of those things, but I do appreciate the suggestion.

Going out on a tangent, there really are a lot of things that people could achieve in the spare cracks of time that are available during the day. Want to improve your vocabulary? How hard would it be to learn 2 new words a day? That would increase your vocabulary by 700 words in a year, a huge leap for any person. If you wanted to learn a foreign language you could learn quite a bit if you just added 2 new words a day. As Rusty pointed out, exercise and stretching can be done in small segments throughout the day. For the messy person like myself, just taking 5 minutes every hour to put a few items back in their proper place would go a long way in cleaning up the clutter. We get back to that theory of breaking big jobs into numerous small jobs.

Today is a birthday party at work, our last one in the current building. I'm not sure if I'll eat anything or if I'll eat a little. I know I need to resist from going hog wild. It's 6:25 now and I have to get out of here so I can stop at a store and get diet drinks for the party. At one time it seemed like the natural contribution for me to bring to the party, now it seems ironic that I'm bringing the one item that I'm trying the hardest to keep out of my food intake.

Food today: Well, I never really ate a meal today, opting for grazing on small things and party food. Not a great way to go through the day even if it results in a weight loss tomorrow morning because I didn't eat anything very solid.

No comments:

Post a Comment