* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: Day 29--218.5 Pounds--1.5 Pounds Lost

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Day 29--218.5 Pounds--1.5 Pounds Lost

One thing I discovered yesterday is that it is much harder to stick to 1,500-1,600 calories when you don't have diet sodas as a crutch to lean on. Getting a bottle of water doesn't do much to satisfy the physical or mental desire to have a snack. Without this zero calorie option, I find that any snacking at all makes it tough to stay under 1,600 calories.

The ideal solution would be to bump my calories up to 2,000 calories and to burn 300-500 calories each day with exercise. That involves time that I don't have, whether it is time spent in short bursts of exercise or one longer walk/jog. For now, cutting food intake is the only practical route I have towards losing weight and I'll just have to stick with it as best I can.

One thing that helps on cutting back the food is to get plenty of sleep so I don't feel a need for a "pick-me-up" to help me get through the day. I thought I was going to get 8 hours of sleep last night, but I woke up and thought of a plan to get one of our printers back up and going at work. It's on an old system and it's a little complicated to explain about the printer problems on that system, but the bottom line is I need to get to work early so I can shut down the system and change the hook ups of some devices. That means getting in at 6 this morning, not what I really need for dieting. Longer hours at work make me eat more unless I'm very disciplined--and being very disciplined is not my strong suit.

Food today: yogurt(100)--Tootsie Roll(50)--crackers(200)--rice and beans(310)--yogurt(100) = 760 subtotal. At this point things didn't get bad, but they got a little uncountable. I had some chocolate, maybe 300 calories all total, some fruit at 320 calories, and then a big bag of peanuts at a baseball game where I went as a fan, not a photographer. It may have been under 2,000 calories but I'm not sure about the peanuts. (Oops, add a bag of popcorn that I ate while doing a blog entry.)

No comments:

Post a Comment