* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: Day 3--215.5 Pounds--3.5 Pounds Lost

Friday, March 28, 2008

Day 3--215.5 Pounds--3.5 Pounds Lost

Good news, bad news, good news:

-----It's good that I've gotten down to 215.5 this morning. I consider it my starting point of real weight loss because I've been able to get to 215 or so for several months and seemingly unable to get lower. It will be a huge breakthrough if I can see something in the range of 212 over the next 7-10 days.

-----The bad news is that Boty's phone call at 4:30 this morning was to tell me that he can't go jogging. One of his daughters is a top-notch goalkeeper in soccer and she plays for a team in Hattiesburg. That's about a 90 mile drive one way from Boty's house. They practiced last night so Boty got in late and he stayed up even later getting ready for the team's trip to Memphis this weekend. I do not miss all of the lost weekends and travel miles that come with select soccer.

-----The last bit of good news is that I'm going jogging anyway. I need the extra 90 minutes of sleep that I could get by going back to bed, but I need the exercise more. Today is Friday and the weekends usually allow me to catch up on my sleep. I'll need to do that this weekend.

And now, with the small hand on the clock about to touch 5, I'm going out the door to walk/jog for the first time in weeks. It needs to become somewhat of a habit if I want to reach my health and weight loss goals.

(Note: I made the 4 miles circuit without any trouble, mostly doing a slow jog and then taking slow walking breaks when needed. There's nothing fast about any of my treks, but I did make the loop in less that 51 minutes. While the US Olympic committee won't be beating a path to my door, it's not bad for an obese 56-year old who has hardly exercised in a very long time. I'd like to see that time get under 40 minutes with 4 miles of non-stop jogging. That won't be hard to achieve IF I find some consistency in my training.)

Food: yogurt(100)--crackers(200)--diet Coke--vitamins--

No comments:

Post a Comment