* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: Almost a Complete Success

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Almost a Complete Success

The first thing I did when I got to work was to empty my stash of mini-Milky Ways and snack boxes of Sugar Babies into the bowl of leftover Easter candy in the break room. That was a big decision since it was a step beyond my normal plan to eat what I have left and then promise myself that I won't buy anymore.

For the morning I had the healthy choices of a yogurt and some pineapple. I worked till past 1 before taking the rest of the day off. The afternoon free time was mostly spent getting the Vytorin prescription filled. I had to go back to the doctor for a 90-day prescription to replace the original 30-day one that he had written. This will save over a hundred dollars a year on my insurance co-payment. Then I had to wait at the pharmacy for about 30 minutes. All of this meant a late lunch of two hot pockets when I finally got home. From there I had 1 bag of popcorn, a can of fruit, some rice and an apple. It was really a good day of food choices except that I failed to get in my 3 yogurts and I didn't find any time for exercise.

The good choices I made yesterday give me hope that this method will work. It would be much better if I made good choices because that was just part of my lifestyle. I'd rather reject the candy because I see it as a poor choice, not because I don't want to write it on a list and post it on a blog. All in all, the first day was a success. The one negative, and I guess it should be considered a fairly big one, is that my weight this morning was up to 221.5 pounds, a gain of 1.5 pounds over yesterday morning. That's not the way things are suppose to work, but I have to trust that good choices will eventually lead to good results. The tricky part will be the continuation of the good choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment