* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: A Decent Start to the New Beginning

Saturday, April 12, 2008

A Decent Start to the New Beginning

I got the leash back out and wrote down my food intake yesterday. It's amazing how accountability consistently works. I'm trying to focus on eating food that I need, not food that I want. There's a big difference between the two.

I weighed in at 221 pounds this morning. Just to make things easy, let's say that this is 40 pounds of excess fat. Losing 40 pounds would put me at 181 pounds which is actually still just a little in the overweight category for my height. Since we know that a pound of fat represents about 3,500 calories, we can roughly calculate that I have 140,000 excessive calories stored in my body. If this excessive amount was anything except fat, don't you think most people would consider the person hording so much as a person with a mental problem? It would be like the person who keeps cases of toilet paper on hand or dozens of unopened boxes of food. Let's be honest, what are the odds that I'm going to find myself in a situation where I need to tap into a storage supply of 140,000 calories?

It's just ridiculous to be carrying around something that I'm never going to need. For 24 hours every day, I have to deal with this extra 40 pounds and the chance of needing it is virtually nil. Where is the logic in that? It is clear that I NEED very little food each day since I have such a reserve that I need to deplete. It is also clear that I have a problem with WANTING food or else I wouldn't have build up such a reserve. I have to focus on the need and not the want in order to get my weight under control.

Weight today: 221 pounds
Food yesterday: oatmeal(160)--granola bar(100)--granola bar(100)--granola bar(100--it's all I had at work)--pizza(800)--canned fruit(320)--popcorn(250) = 1,830 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment