* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: Getting Close

Friday, April 25, 2008

Getting Close

Yesterday was the same story, same result. I took off early, went home and sat at the PC working on photos, and I ate too much and moved too little. I realize that I've been in that trap of thinking that I'm going to really work on my weight once I find the time when I can really work on my weight. I guess this idea centers around the theory that exercise is a critical part of losing weight and I just haven't had the time to start a consistent exercise program.

You don't have to tell me this is BS. I can find the time to walk 30 minutes on just about every day of the year. That in itself would be all the exercise a person needs to go along with exercising some restraint. The reality is that I tend to reward myself with food or I tend to put off things by going to fix some food or I tend to eat food when I want to feel sorry for myself. Most of the reasons I eat have little to do with hunger. Heck, the main reason most of us eat too much is because the people in the business of selling food are damn good at their jobs and we are surrounded by too much good food that does give us short term pleasure. Unfortunately, that reality won't change and I, like most Americans, need to do a better job at resisting the temptations that surround me. I resist other temptations in my life, so I know I can do the same with food.

I really think the photo DVDs will all get done this weekend and delivered on Monday. At that point the excuses stop. We'll see if the exercise begins. In the meantime, I'm not sure if we will see much improvement on the 224.5 pounds that I weighed this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment