* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: Still No Electricity

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Still No Electricity

The power went out at the duplex early Friday afternoon. There was still no power Sunday morning. I've had to throw out everything in the refrigerator except the water and beer and cooking without a microwave it not my strong suit. That has me relying on fast food places more than usual and this morning I made a rare stop for a fast food breakfast. I'm not exactly sure how I can justify that since I was on the way to the office and I have yogurt that was available for breakfast.

Regardless, stop I did at a Burger King. A sausage biscuit sounded good but can anything that just cost a dollar truly be satisfying? That doesn't sound likely so I bought two sausage biscuits and asked for some strawberry jelly. I discovered what I probably already knew, namely that one biscuit is plenty and that two is too much. That didn't stop me from eating both, probably to the tune of 1,000 calories, since I promised myself that I would cut back later. That has the feel of a promise that will be broken.

The good news is that I only weighed 217.5 pounds this morning. I really don't know what to make of my weight lately. I am so far away from a consistent pattern in my life and it shows in the ups and downs of my weight. I'm nearing the end of the photo taking stage at Millsaps but I have a huge back log of photos to work through. The power outage has added to the backlog since I've been taking photos this weekend without processing any. All I need it two weeks of long hours and I'll be very close to the end of the project for another year. After that I hope to really get some pattern of exercise and healthy living going. In the meantime, I think I'll go back to avoiding fast food places for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment