* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: What I Would Really Like

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

What I Would Really Like

Yesterday wasn't a bad day and I weighed in this morning at 218 pounds. I can't tell you exactly what I ate because I didn't do a list. I really wish I could get away from the list and that my dieting would be more about simply making the right choice over and over. The beauty about keeping the list is also the drawback--it makes me think about the food I eat over the course of a day.

I've talked about the benefits of keeping the list over and over. The negative is that it does have me thinking about food all the time--what I've eaten, how many calories so far, can I get in a snack late and still stay below a certain calorie count for the day, etc. I'd rather go to a higher level and make rational choices about eating as I go throughout the day. I would rather skip the free cookies that someone brought to work because I know I don't need them, not because I would have to put them on a list.

The reason for the list is because I know that I can't trust myself to eat right if I don't keep up with my food intake (in this case, eat right is referring to the calorie count and not the idea that I'm making the healthiest food choices). I would really like to get to the point where I cut down and I make healthier choices throughout the day without the list. Can I do that? I keep thinking that I can and I keep proving that I can't.

I'm going to try and get through this day without a list and without making any poor choices. I know I can do this, but I'm just not sure if I will do it.

Weight today: 218 Pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment