* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: May 20, 2008 -- 222.5 Pounds

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

May 20, 2008 -- 222.5 Pounds

The 3 pound loss from Monday morning isn't really much of a surprise, certainly not as big a surprise as when I saw 225.5 on the scale yesterday. I hope I'm correct in thinking that the weight will be down to 220 pounds by the end of this work week.

Yesterday I held my food intake to 1,510 calories. With that big number on the scale yesterday, it wasn't real hard to have willpower but there was a wonderful Italian Creme cake that I had to stare down at work all day. For the rest of my life I will be surrounded by things that I want to eat, but that I should not eat if I want to keep my daily calories at a reasonable level. That's reality, just as for the rest of my life I will be surrounded by things that I would like to buy, but I won't buy those items if I want to keep my spending at a reasonable level. When I go out with the guys on Wednesday I will keep my drinking at a reasonable level. When it comes to surfing the internet at home in the evening, I will keep it at a reasonable level so I can get other things done. Most of us are very good at keeping things at a reasonable level except when it comes to food intake and our weight.

One thing that I need to change in my approach to dieting is that I shouldn't make such a big effort to avoid hunger. In my first successful diet I would say that I never went hungry and that wasn't exactly correct. I did get hungry when I was first dieting, and I used that sensation as a sign to eat a little bit of food. Lately it seems like I've been eating to avoid the feeling of hunger and that's the wrong approach. I should let that feeling come and then eat, not eat to keep the feeling from ever coming at all. It much like running--if you run to the point where you get tired and then you slow down a little, then you are getting a good training workout. If you run at such an easy pace that you never get tired, then you are getting a workout of sorts but you aren't exactly pushing yourself to your potential. With 50 pounds to lose, I need to push myself to my weight loss potential.

Food today: yogurt(100)--cereal bar(140)--canned fruit(320)--hot pockets(620)--yogurt(100)--cereal bars(140)--candy(140)--pineapple(270)--popcorn(250) = 2,080 calories (not as good as I should have done and no exercise thanks to working on photos and the blog Tuesday evening)

No comments:

Post a Comment