* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: May 22, 2008 -- 221.5 Pounds

Thursday, May 22, 2008

May 22, 2008 -- 221.5 Pounds

Yesterday was great for a Wednesday, probably the first time in months that I could accurately and proudly post the calorie total for a Wednesday. That being said, it wasn't perfect. The problem wasn't the 3 beers and the pizza, an excess that I allow on nights when the guys get together. The problem came during the day when I probably had one extra cereal bar to get to my 1:00 quitting time. The problem continued when I had two hot pockets for lunch and then popcorn for an afternoon snack instead of breaking down the hot pockets into a small lunch and then an afternoon snack.

I have to keep reminding myself that I'm trying to lose weight. That means that my body has to dip into the reserves and burn some stored energy. Yesterday I could have had one less cereal bar in the morning and I could have done away with the popcorn in the afternoon. It doesn't sound like much, but that extra 390 calories is the part that the body should have been getting from my stored up calories, not from my diet. Losing weight does require a little sacrifice and I either need to cut out these extra 400-500 calories each day or I need to exercise each day. Ideally, I will do both.

Food today:

No comments:

Post a Comment