* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: May 30, 2008 -- Weight Unknown

Friday, May 30, 2008

May 30, 2008 -- Weight Unknown

I woke up before the alarm, went downstairs to get a drink, saw the comments on my main blog, wrote a post and was interrupted by the alarm clock going off, and it all led to me being out of my routine this morning. Part of the normal routine that got skipped was the part about checking my weight right after I wake up.

One thing that I'm seeing lately is that losing weight is not as easy now as it was in 2006. Some of it is less commitment, but I also think that some of it is my body's resistance to changing the setpoint. It's like these germs that build up an immunity to drugs. Two years ago I could move my setpoint down without too much trouble and now it seems like nothing will move my setpoint. I think my body has acclimated to stopping the weight loss right away when food gets scarce and it sure seems like it is going to take a lot more work to lose weight now that it took in 2006. That one reason why I think a return to jogging is my only hope for getting the weight off and keeping it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment