* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: June 11, 2008 -- 219 Pounds

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

June 11, 2008 -- 219 Pounds

It's amazing to see the results of evening jogs in 90 degree heat. No matter how much I drink after one of those outings, the results will still be several pounds lost the next day.

I can tell you that jogging last night was not the number 1 item on my "want to do" list. It might have topped the "need to do" list, a list that rarely takes priority in my life, especially when it comes to my health. The jog/walk was slow, but once again under 50 minutes. That's showing some progress. I also made it all the way through mile 3 non-stop, another one of my first goals to achieve on this comeback.

There's good news/bad news on the horizon concerning dieting today. The good news is that I won't be having beer and peanuts tonight followed by a late supper. I have to get clothes washed before I go out of town Sunday and this is really the only available night. I don't miss often on Wednesday nights, and I sure wish I had a more exciting excuse than washing clothes this evening. The bad news is that we have a party for the June Birthdays at work today. Sure, I could just sit there and enjoy the company while ignoring all of the excellent treats. I could, but I don't have a good feeling about that happening.

It's now almost 6:20 so I need to close up so I can fill the bird feeders, then pick up ice for the diet cokes and diet sprites that I will contribute to the party, and I'll still be able to get to work by 7. The tenant on the other side of the duplex is a high school teacher and he now gets to sleep late most days--I hate him! Actually, he's a nice guy and I hope he is a tenant that will finally stay over there for a year or longer, but I sure envy a job that gives such a long break from work to get recharged. I desperately need to get recharged and quitting my job is not the best option I have at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment