* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: June 24, 2008 -- 221 Pounds

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

June 24, 2008 -- 221 Pounds

Why would someone be up before 5 posting to their blog? The ideal answer would be that I'm going out jogging or walking, but the real answer is just that I couldn't sleep so I thought I'd get up and post to the blog and maybe get some photos ready for tomorrow's main post. There are times when I wake up in the middle of the night and I quickly realize that I will not get back to sleep before the alarm goes off. This morning was one of those days.

The good news is that I was thinking about expanding into something more official in regards to selling my photos. That means coming up with a name for a website, looking at different photo hosting sites that are available, etc. At the very least, I need to get more serious about recouping some of my expenses so I'll have the funds available to replace and upgrade my equipment. It would be nice if my earnings went somewhat beyond that into helping make up for the shortfall caused by my heavy contributions into my 401(k) plan.

Maybe that's a subject for another day and the other blog. At the moment, the dieting is going well in the short term. It could be a little better. First off, I should be walking more. While I want to get back into jogging and maybe even something that could be considered running, my gut feeling is that walking is the thing that will help me lose weight at the moment. Walking can be done in short segments throughout the day and it doesn't require a long cool down period. It's a habit I need to force myself into.

The other area where I can do better is in my eating. I know that I can't get away from counting calories because every time I try it turns into a disaster. On the flip side, when I count calories I will occasionally eat things just because I have room under my calorie cap. Yesterday was one of those days where I should have been a few hundred calories less, maybe with one less cereal bar and by splitting up the hot pockets into two meals. I know that sounds somewhat obsessive, but even on a sub-2,000 calorie day I find that I'm eating here and there out of habit instead of out of hunger. If I continue to keep the habit of eating for non-hunger/non-fuel reasons, then I'll just go hog wild next month when I go out of town for a couple of weekends. I need to focus on redefining food as fuel for the body and not as a quick burst of pleasure or a short reprieve from starting some assignment that I really want to put off for as long as possible.

Food today: bagel(290)--cereal bar(140)--cereal bar(140)--Wendy's(680)--yogurt(100)--cereal bar(140)--pizza(700) = 2,190 calories (the return of the cereal bar addiction)

2 comments:

  1. Nice job! I don't know if you noticed but you did drop 6 pounds in one week. I just weighed in at 228.2 which I'm thrilled to be back out of the 230's. I have a fruit and nut bar crave as you do with the cereals. How is the diet soda crave going?

    I haven't had the chance to relaunch my blog as of yet. I really want to do a still picture/slide show every day, much like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAcwcqOPcHM&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  2. Todd--It's a little deceptive since that 227 was coming off a mini-vacation of visiting friends and eating a lot. Still, I'm thankful that those pounds came off so fast.

    Way to go on the drop out of the 230's. I'm hoping that in about a week I will have left the 220's forever--of course that's what I thought was the case when I left the 220's a couple of years ago. This time will be different and I'm not going to backslide into the 200's once I get below tha mark!!!!!

    ReplyDelete