* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: June 9, 2008 -- 222.5 Pounds

Monday, June 9, 2008

June 9, 2008 -- 222.5 Pounds

I was getting things together for work this morning and I leaned over to put some backup tapes in a bag that was on the bed. It was nothing difficult, just leaning over while holding an item that weighs about 2 ounces, but I felt a sharp pain in my lower back. Okay, maybe just a twinge because I immediately straightened up and the pain was gone. The problem is that it happened 3 times while I was getting ready for work.

It's been years since I've had a problem with my lower back and I hate to even have a hint of trouble to come. I have Jubilee Jam coming up and that will involve long hours of standing. That will be immediately followed by a few days spent with the guys from the old neighborhood and I sure don't want to be slowed down for those activities. Then there will be the trip to Dallas in early July followed by Rusty's family reunion, and after that I think I'll be at the Saints training camp quite a bit since it looks like they are returning to Millsaps. I don't have time for any physical ailments.

I've taken 3 Advils and I'll probably keep the bottle handy all week--an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. In this case, I need at least 40 pounds of cure, namely a reduction in weight by at least 40 pounds. I live by myself, I have a lot of things that I want to accomplish, and someday soon I had better get back to being serious about losing weight or I will find myself with physical problems that create lifestyle changes for the negative. Either I will catch up with my weight problems or they will catch up with me, and the clock is ticking on which one will occur first.

No comments:

Post a Comment