* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: July 14, 2008 -- 225.5 Pounds

Monday, July 14, 2008

July 14, 2008 -- 225.5 Pounds

My dieting is like playing a game of CandyLand (or is it Chutes and Ladders)--every time I seem to make any progress I land on one of those spaces that slides me back to the beginning. My latest slide came at the Strong Family Reunion and as you can see in the title, my weight is once again all the way back to where it was when I started blogging about the need to lose weight.

If only there was some method I could follow that would help me lose at least 35 pounds. Something that is simple, inexpensive, doesn't create any great feelings of hunger, and is a plan that a normal person could actually follow. Could such a plan actually exists? Oh yeah, that describes the plan I used to lose 35 pounds in 4-5 months back in 2006, a plan that only asks the dieter to be accountable for their food and to make an effort to stay under 2,000 calories per day. I was never hungry, I didn't miss out on things with my friends, and I felt much better both physically and mentally while I was losing the weight and during the time that I was plateaued at 190 pounds. Is there any logical reason why I should not retrace those steps?

I've written a dozen times or more that I'm going to get back on track with my dieting so I expect no one to believe me this time. You will know that this time might be different if I actually can list a complete food list for each of the next 7 days. If I can do that, then maybe this will be the time. Actually, that last sentence should read, "If I will do that..." because there is no doubt that I can do it. There is a huge difference between difficult and impossible even though many of us seem to put both of those in the same category. I will concede that losing weight and keeping it off is difficult, but I refuse to buy in to any notion that it is impossible. Once a person believes that something is impossible, then it becomes impossible for that person.

I don't want to get too far ahead of myself with this, but I actually think I can do a better job of dieting than what I did back in 2006. Back then I succeeded with food reduction and not much exercise. I really need to add in the exercise this time. In reality, I may not have a choice. My body seems to be pretty good at sticking with setpoints at the moment and more exercise might be the only thing that will encourage reasonable weight loss. I have to remember that exercise doesn't have to be training for a marathon. It can be as simple as getting up 30 minutes earlier each day and going for a 2-mile walk.

Okay, enough of the planning and the big talk. It's a Monday, I don't have any big food events on the horizon now that I've returned from my Dallas trip and the reunion, so let's see how things look over the next 7 days. There really is no excuse for me to not write down a list of all the foods I eat for just 7 days. I absolutely need to succeed at this small step.

No comments:

Post a Comment