* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: July 15, 2008 -- 223 Pounds (48 Pounds to Go)

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

July 15, 2008 -- 223 Pounds (48 Pounds to Go)

Food Yesterday: cereal bar(160)--morning vitamins--cereal bar(160)--2 hot pockets(620)--afternoon vitamins--pineapple(300)--canned fruit(320)--popcorn(250) = 1,810 calories

As you can see (if anyone is reading this), I've added a new element to my title line for the post. I've given myself the goal of reaching 175 pounds by the end of the year. That's not unreasonable, it's not impossible, but it is less than 6 months away so I have no more room for backsliding and taking breaks from my dieting.

While that seems like a huge long term goal, it is really more of a mid-range goal. As I discovered during 2006 and 2007, losing the weight is something that can be done in less than a year. At that point, the truly long term goal becomes the task of keeping the weight off. I drop the ball on that one the first time around, so now I'll be better prepared to maintain once I get the weight off again. Of course, over the rest of the year I'll need to set and achieve plenty of short term goals in order to reach that 175 pounds by 2009. Those short term goals are needed to help keep a person focused and to give them a sense of accomplishment.

Here are a list of goals that I'll be focusing on in the near future. They are in no particular order and most of them are goals that I'll try to repeat over and over:

-----Give more focus to this blog. I've often referred to my "Slice of Frank's Life" blog as my main blog. Is there really anything that I'm doing over there that could be more important than improving my health, adding years to my life, and regaining a spring in my step? I need to realize that right now, there is nothing that I'm doing that matters more than losing this weight.
-----Keep the food journal for an entire week. This is a goal that I need to repeat over and over, but for now I need to prove that I can do this for one week. The difficulty in this goal is not physical, it is all mental as I fight the responsibility of being held accountable for my actions when it comes to eating.
-----I really need to concentrate on getting to a 215 pound weigh-in. I have muddle around in the lower 220's for a long time and I've even touch the higher teen's a few times in the last few months. When I see 215 pounds on the scale, I will know that I've broken free of this recent range and that real progress is being made.
-----I need to walk more. That can be a combined walking and jogging or just walking, but I have to get out of the house and move around on my own two feet. I will not come close to achieving my goal of 175 pounds by 1/1/09 unless I become persistent and consistent with my exercising.

One thing I have resisted with this blog is adding any sort of hit counter. I know that Todd has been to this site because he has left comments. Maybe others have wandered over from the other blog and maybe others have found this site with internet searches. I have no plans of adding a hit counter so I'll never know if 20 people are reading or just 2--past history with blogs has shown me that 2 is a more likely number. To be honest, there's been nothing here in the past that would give anyone a reason to keep reading. I hope to change that over the next few months and I hope some people will join me with their own goal of losing weight by the end of this year. Please feel free to comment or to contact me at the email address found under my profile--we are all in this together and support is never a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment