* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: July 18, 2008 -- 221 Pounds (46 Pounds to Go)

Friday, July 18, 2008

July 18, 2008 -- 221 Pounds (46 Pounds to Go)

Food Yesterday: yogurt(100)--cereal bar(160)--yogurt(100)--hot pockets(620)--popcorn(250)--canned fruit(320) = 1,550 calories

The above is closer to the calorie total I should be shooting for each day. It's one of those days where I didn't allow much of a slip-up in my food choices, such as an extra cereal bar or two, and it is the kind of focus that I need to have on days when there isn't any sort of special event like the Wednesday night get together.

In addition to the low calorie total, I also went walking for 36 minutes in the evening. It wasn't bad, especially with the MP3 player keeping me company. It would have been better if I had been jogging. During the walk I was thinking about how I do miss jogging. I miss the hard work of going up a hill, I miss that feeling of fitness when recovering on a flat stretch, I miss the feeling of accomplishment after a good run, and I even miss that dripping sweat that tells you it was a job well done. When I was in shape, I really did enjoy going out for a run.

The key element in that last paragraph is the part about "when I was in shape". I'll admit that working out isn't all that much fun when it is a struggle just to limp to the finish line. Right now I'm at that struggling/limping level of fitness and I'm going to just have to bite the bullet and work my way on up the fitness ladder. I can do this and I will do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment