* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: July 2, 2008 -- 218 Pounds

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

July 2, 2008 -- 218 Pounds

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised by the weigh-in this morning. It's a lower weight than anything I had in May and June, so it is some nice progress even if it may not be totally deserved. I haven't done a lick of exercise in the last week outside of walking 4 miles with Boty last Thursday and I really haven't done that great on the diet the first two work days of this week. As a matter of fact, I've been a little disappointed in my diet efforts over the last two days.

The disappointment comes not so much from the food amounts I've eaten, but from my failure to stick to the plan of writing down the food and calorie amount BEFORE I eat the food. To make matters worse, I'm not even writing down the food after I eat it. It's one of those things that a person can get away with in the short term and then it will do them in over the long term. I've started off today on the right foot and I need to stay that way today and tomorrow. Friday through Sunday I'll be visiting friends and I'll just try to do my best without the list--it would seem rather rude for my hosts to put a meal on the table and the first thing I do is pull out a small notebook and document the food they are serving. It would make me feel like a restaurant critic in the home of friends.

I'll post again tomorrow and then it will be Monday before I have another weigh-in. I hope everyone enjoys the 4th of July without feeling the obligation to eat yourself silly. I'm going to try and compromise by enjoying the meals while avoiding all of the grazing opportunities that exist between the meals. I know that's easier said than done, but it can be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment