* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: July 22, 2008 -- 221.5 Pounds (46.5 Pounds to Go)

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

July 22, 2008 -- 221.5 Pounds (46.5 Pounds to Go)

Food Yesterday: cereal bar(160)--cereal bar(160)--yogurt(100)--Wendy's(700)--cereal bar(160)--yogurt(100)--cereal bar(160)--popcorn(200)--pineapple(300)--popcorn(200) = 2,240 calories, I can do better than this.

Quotes of the Day:
--You will succeed only if you believe you can.
--A bad habit is like a comfortable bed, easy to get into but hard to get out of.

I needed a quote yesterday for the post on the other blog and that led me to the list of quotes that I compiled many, many years ago. I have enough quotes to last for a long time on both blogs so look for the "Quotes of the Day" as a feature until I get tired of them and move on to something else.

While I can't swear that every quote will relate so directly to dieting, the above two certainly hit the target. My guess is that many overweight people no longer believe they can succeed in losing weight. This lack of belief makes starting a diet difficult and successfully completing a diet virtually impossible.

As for the quote about a bad habit, why is it that bad habits are easier to get into than good habits? Without a doubt, it is easier to get into the habit of overeating than to get into the habit of overexercising? I definitely need to work on my bad habits and maybe I can start by cutting down on the number of cereal bars I eat each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment