* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: July 23, 2008 -- 221 Pounds (46 Pounds to Go)

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

July 23, 2008 -- 221 Pounds (46 Pounds to Go)

Food Yesterday: cereal bar(160)--cereal bar(160)--yogurt(100)--chicken and rice(290)--yogurt(100)--cereal bar(160)--3 popcorns(600)--pineapple(300) = 1,870 calories

Quotes of the day:
--Maturity is the ability to do a job whether you are supervised or not.
--Perseverance pays. Diamonds are merely chunks of coal that stuck to their jobs.
--Your success is more from your attitude than from your ability.

The other day I was checking out the diet and fitness books that I've acquired and rarely followed over the years. I decided to check out the book, "Dr. Bob Arnot's Guide to Turning Back the Clock". That's really what I want to do, turn back the clock to about the age of 36 instead of my current 56.

After reading the first couple of chapters, it appears that I picked out the wrong book or else I'll have to do a complete turn around in my life. His approach is geared far more towards becoming more active rather than cutting way back on food. I really think that is the better approach and it certainly is the route I travelled between the age of 20 and 40, but I'm just not sure if my body can hold up to the activity level that I would need to maintain. His second big point is on the importance of eating the right foods. Look at my above list or any other list in the last week and you'll see that I'm no where close. I actually can't remember any point of my adult life when I ate healthy.

Reading Dr. Arnot's chapter on the importance of eating well did make me wonder just how much change I would notice if I suddenly went to a healthy diet. Would my body reject this healthy food as some sort of foreign substance or would I feel better than I have in years? It's tempting to give healthy eating a shot, but it seems like that would be a more difficult change than getting out and returning to a high activity level. It certainly is food for thought that I'll keep in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment