* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: July 28, 2008 -- 221 Pounds (46 Pounds to Go)

Monday, July 28, 2008

July 28, 2008 -- 221 Pounds (46 Pounds to Go)

Food Yesterday: canned fruit(300)--popcorn(200)--soup(380)--big box of Milk Duds(600, do I get credit for being honest)--pizza(700) = 2,180 calories

Hmm, does it look like my food selections are getting worse? I went to the store to get a newspaper and right there at the front door was a display with big boxes of candy for only a dollar a piece. How could I resist a big box of Milk Duds at that price? I will admit that I was already thinking about getting a candy bar as a treat before I got to the store and it wasn't much of a leap to go with the bigger box at the bargain price.

The good news from the weekend is that I went walking three times, each time a walk to Millsaps College to watch the Saints practice. I really don't like to go out walking without a destination in mind so going to see the Saints in a perfect as a motivation for walking. It is about 3 miles for the round trip, not a bad distance to walk if I will do it 4 or 5 times each week.

I'm writing this Sunday evening so I don't know what the weigh-in number will be tomorrow. I need to be somewhere below 220 by the end of this week. I can't keep bouncing around in the low 220's if I want to get to 175 by the end of the year. I really need to crack 220 by the end of July and then try to reach 210 by the end of August. That won't happen by wishing alone.

Note after the weigh-in: I'll admit that it is really frustrating that I'm stuck at this point. The calorie count hasn't been so bad and I have been walking. Maybe I need the calories to stop at about 1,500 each day instead of closer to 2,000. What I really need is 20 miles of jogging each week to go along with 2,000 calories a day--that's a plan that would get my weight dropping. The only flaw with that plan is that I would last a week before the pain in my hip reduced me to a limping old man who couldn't sleep at night. I'm going to stick with my efforts despite this frustration. When things are tough, the choices are to give up or to toughen up. I really don't have a choice here and toughen up is the only option I can take.

No comments:

Post a Comment