* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: July 30, 2008 -- 220 Pounds (45 Pounds to Go)

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

July 30, 2008 -- 220 Pounds (45 Pounds to Go)

Food yesterday: yogurt(100)--cereal bar(160)--beans & rice(310)--yogurt(100)--cereal bar(160)--yogurt(100)--cereal bar(160)--popcorn(200)--pineapple(300)--popcorn(200) = 1,790 calories


I'm certainly glad to see this drop down to 220 today. Yesterday's weigh-in was somewhat of a fluke and the 220 fits in with the weight pattern that I was seeing with my extra walking and fairly low calorie counts. Now the challenge will be to have a great day even though it is Wednesday, one of the consistently troublesome days of the week for me.

I have to see how things are going at work today, buy maybe I will take off work an hour early and then walk up to the start of the Saints practice today. That way I can get in my walking plus have time to meet the guys at Nick's for a few light beers. Today can be a good day if I'll eat light during the day, get in my walking, avoid the bowl of nuts at the bar, only have 3 light beers at the most, and then I need to eat light after leaving Nick's. It is most definitely a plan I can follow.

Right now I need to keep in mind that quote about the man watching the stonecutter. The stonecutter might strike a rock numerous times before a piece breaks off. The success in cutting the stone may have come on one final blow but it was set up by all the blows that came before. At the moment I have made it to the 220 pound mark multiple times without realizing a successful breakthrough into the mid-teens. I will get to 215, a critical mark for me, if I will just keep hammering away without getting frustrated by the lack of instant success. I need to keep remembering my theme for this effort: I Can Do This--I Will Do This.

1 comment: