* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: August 1, 2008 -- 220 Pounds (45 Pounds to Go)

Friday, August 1, 2008

August 1, 2008 -- 220 Pounds (45 Pounds to Go)

Finishing up July: I started keeping my food list and reached about 1,300 by the end of lunch. I added to that a candy bar(300?), Wendy's(700) and popcorn(200), so I was right around 2,500 for the day. I did go jogging Thursday morning, a very slow 3 miles that was most jogging, and a cool down walk of 1 mile that was also very slow. At this point the 4 miles matter, not the slow time.

Starting August: I'm excited about August. I feel like the last 2 weeks were like taking a play on the road to get ready for opening on Broadway, and today is that opening day. The last half of July showed a 5 pound loss which is somewhat questionable because it's hard to say if 225 was really a setpoint. That doesn't really matter. I can say that 220 wasn't a weight that I was getting to very often so progress has been made. I also think that I've done the work to set up a nice drop in the near future, maybe down to about 217 in a week or so. It's just hard to predict when a diet is near the edge of a plateau and ready to drop.

While the title of this post says I have 45 pounds to go, what I really need to do is focus on having a really strong August. With that in mind, here are some goals that are achievable, but they don't leave a lot of room for fooling around:

--Get my weight down to 210 by the start of September. I need to build some momentum in my weight loss instead of settling for slow and steady, one step back for every two steps forward. I need to start having all good days.

--Keep my food journal every day. This is the key, even on days when I might eat too much. The food journal keeps me focused and it helps turn what would be good days into great days, it turns what would be average days into good days, and it even keeps potentially horrible days at somewhere near the not so bad days. I HAVE TO KEEP THE FOOD JOURNAL EVERY DAY.

--I need to walk for exercise at least 20 days in August. That means not much taking off, especially at the start of the month. I don't want to dig a hole early that makes 20 walking days an almost impossible number to reach. Also, I really think I need to build this foundation of walking before I think about going back to jogging.

--The last goal is a general thing instead of a specific goal that can be easily measured. I have to eat better foods. That's better based upon the very low standards that I've been setting lately. Like the walking this month is a way to hopefully get to jogging, I need to at least start on eating more fruit and vegetables. I need to see more yogurts on my list and less cereal bars. I need to at least turn the tide in improving the way I eat.

That gives me one big target to shoot for and three actions that I need to use to hit that target. I can do this--I will do this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment