* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: August 11, 2008 -- 221 Pounds (46 Pounds to Go)

Monday, August 11, 2008

August 11, 2008 -- 221 Pounds (46 Pounds to Go)

Food Yesterday: yogurt(100)--popcorn(200)--pineapple(300)--2 yogurts and 2 bananas(440)--popcorn(200)--pineapple(300)--pizza(700)--candy bar(300) = 2,540 calories

This wasn't a very good weekend for the diet regardless of what the weigh-in will say Monday morning. I didn't go walking this weekend and I didn't keep my calories down to the levels I should be shooting for if I want to lose weight. I did cut my diet sodas down to about two a day and those were primarily needed to fight against caffeine headaches. There's no doubt that I could have kept the calories lower, but some of the extra came from the double whammy of cutting back on the sodas and time spent watching the Olympics. I've done a good job of cutting back on television time in recent years, something that might do a backslide with the Olympics on for the next two weeks.

Monday will start my first week at work with no cereal bars and no diet sodas. It will be a change to say the least. I believe I'll be able to keep the calories below 2,000 each day and maybe this will be the week that jump starts my weight loss.

Monday morning note: I wrote the above Sunday evening. Yes, the weigh-in this morning was disappointing to some degree even though I ate a good bit over 2,000 calories yesterday. As for weight loss, this last month has been rather unsuccessful. At least I've been successful at stopping my weight gains, a trend that I had been seeing month after month for quite some time. Without this last month of keeping the food diary and making an effort, I have no doubt that I'd be seeing weigh-ins closer to 230 pounds instead of around the 220 mark. While holding steady isn't what I'm shooting for, it is a plus that I've stopped a dangerous trend that had been going on for at least a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment