* Code to improve Google search: Frank's Weight Loss Blog: August 12, 2008 -- 221 Pounds (46 Pounds to Go)

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

August 12, 2008 -- 221 Pounds (46 Pounds to Go)

Food Yesterday: banana(120)--yogurt(100)--pasta(640)--yogurt(100)--popcorn(200)--canned fruit(320)--chili(460)--popcorn(200) = 2,140 calories

Have you every had a friend who swears that they are hardly eating and yet they still can't lose weight? While I believe that in more cases than not it is a situation where they are eating more than they think, I'm now more open to the possibility that they are really cutting back without much luck in the weight loss area.

I can do better in my efforts. The last 3 items on my list total almost 1,000 calories, more than I need in the late afternoon and evening. I haven't gone walking in 4 days, choosing instead to work at my PC while keeping an eye on the Olympics. I had really hoped to lose weight without doing anything drastic like trying to keep my calories under 1,500 per day. It may be that such a cutback is what it will take and that 2,000 calories is the maximum I'll be able to eat if I want to keep off any pounds that I've lost.

I still believe that 175 pounds is a number that I can eventually reach. The thought of reaching 175 by the end of 2008 is starting to slip away, but I'm still keeping that as my goal. The struggles I'm having make me think that the answers to America's obesity problems will not be found in more self-discipline by individuals. I doubt that many with an obesity problem will even try to lose weight with the average discipline level that I'm currently using, much less at a more intense level. I'm starting to believe that the obesity problem in America will only be solved with drugs, medical procedures, and maybe even genetic altering.

No comments:

Post a Comment